Sydney – CBD Sydney – Bondi Melbourne Darwin Gold Coast Byron Bay
What is the EAP (IELTS Preparation) Course?
This course is not only about achieving success in English but also acquiring the skills you will need to succeed at university and beyond. From basic study skills to preparing for your first job interview, you will learn to become confident in any academic, social or work situation. This course is designed to develop the language skills and knowledge of Intermediate to Upper Intermediate level students, and to prepare them for the general or academic modules of the IELTS test. The course is challenging and fast-paced, with a clear focus on improving both English language skills and exam techniques.
23 hours per week – Morning Classes Only.
Monday to Friday from 8am to 12:15pm + 2 days, 1.5 hours each – total 3 hours per week.
20 hours per week
Monday to Friday from de 8am to 12:15pm or 5pm to 9:15pm.
Fluency and pronunciation
Grammar and vocabulary
Reading & Writing skills
Listening & Speaking skills
Grammar in context
Oral presentation skills and tutorials
Academic research skills and study skills
Who is the English for Academic Purposes course designed for?
- For Intermediate and Advanced English level students who wish to prepare for the IELTS test or improve their academic English skills
- For students who need to obtain a level of English to further pursue academic studies at diploma, undergraduate or post graduate qualification levels
- Enhancing a CV by highlighting a proficiency in English level for migration and career opportunity purposes
- Increasing English language skills in the key IELTS test areas: writing, speaking, listening and reading
- Increasing general English ability in grammar, vocabulary and functional language
- Developing familiarity with the IELTS test format
- Testing and exam preparation
- Practising a range of test-taking strategies
- Exposure to meeting time limits
- Academic writing development Interactive speaking skills development
- Academic listening development
- Academic reading strategies development
- Development of academic vocabulary
- Development of grammar knowledge
- Study skills and independent learning
- IELTS exam preparation
Levels of Study
- This course is offered at the following two levels:
– EAP 1: For students at a strong Intermediate level (with an exit level approximate to IELTS 5.5-6.0)
– EAP 2: For students at Upper Intermediate and Advanced levels (with an exit level approximate to IELTS 6.5-7.0)
- Weekly assessment tasks.
- International House Sydney
- Further Study
- Colleges and Universities.
EAP 1: Strong Intermediate level or minimum IELTS score of 5.0
EAP 2: Upper Intermediate level or minimum IELTS score of 6.0
Start date : Starts any Monday